Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Turkey Burgers


I don't know how many of my followers are familiar with P90X, but I pulled this recipe straight out of the P90X Nutrition Plan.  I started P90X in July of 2009 and I will admit that I didn't follow the Nutrition Guide in the way that was recommended by the program.  I did however, pull a few recipes out of the nutrition guide that have become personal favorites.  (I love the chicken salad recipe and the honey chile sauce too.)

I work out faithfully 6 days a week.  It starts my day off right and it gives me the energy that I need to get through the rest of my day.  For me, working out also means burning
some extra calories that I can replace later in my day with a sweet reward.  I love to bake - and I am a big believer in the fact that we can eat anything in moderation.   My workout shirts should say "Will Workout for Brownies." 

Of the four people in my family, three of us are working out regularly so lean protein is very important in our diet.  These turkey burgers are one of my favorite ways to feed my family the protein that they need.   I usually make extra burgers and keep some in the freezer so they're ready to defrost and grill at a moments notice.  


Turkey Burgers
16 ounces ground turkey breast
4 Tablespoon bread crumbs
8 Tablespoons buttermilk, low fat or non-fat
6 teaspoons green onions, minced
6 teaspoons parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
2 dashes black pepper


Combine all ingredients and form into 4 large patties.  Grill on the Big Green Egg.




This is how I like to eat my turkey burger - bunless and layered with slices of creamy avocado.  


Every cook needs someone that they can depend on to give them honest feedback on their food.  My husband weren't married for very long before we figured out that he shouldn't be my food critic.  Ben and Tracy are both great cooks and they give me great advice about my food. 

They make a version of these turkey burgers that are quite tasty as well.  They add chopped green onion, bell pepper and mushrooms to the burgers before they grill them.  I love the idea of adding more vegetables to a burger.  I have had the privilege of  tasting their turkey burgers and they are delicious.

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment