Friday, September 9, 2011

Flavors of Fall


I realize that Fall doesn't officially begin until the 23of of the month but the cooler weather has me thinking about it already.  I love this time of year.  Anxious for a Fall to begin and not willing to wait for the official start to the season - I put my Fall decorations up in the house last weekend.   The mantle is full of pumpkins and the smell of apple cider is filling the house.  Let Fall begin!






























I love the colors, the smells and the flavors of Fall.  Warm cinnamon, crisp apple and creamy pumpkin recipes fill my table this time of year. 





Today's Fall recipe - Apple Raspberry Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette.  It's super easy and really delicious.  Crisp apples drizzled with a hint of cinnamon - a perfect Fall flavor combination. 


Apple Raspberry Salad with Vinaigrette
2 red apples                                            Vinaigrette
2 Tablespoons lemon juice                    3 Tablespoons oil
8 ounces lettuce                                       2 Tablespoons raspberry vinegar
¼ cup walnuts                                         1 Tablespoon chopped onion
fresh raspberries                                      1 Tablespoon honey
                                                                    ½ teaspoon cinnamon

The directions are simple, combine the salad ingredients (listed on the left) and then combine the vinaigrette ingredients in a separate bowl.   Drizzle vinaigrette over salad just before serving.


I served this salad with pork ribs and sweet potatoes.  I was super exited that I had enough salad left over to eat for lunch the next day - and I'm usually not a huge fan of leftover salad.  This salad not only looks pretty - it tastes just as good as it looks.  The flavors of Fall - yum.

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment