Friday, October 7, 2011

Healthy in a hurry







The kids and I went for a run/hike in the park yesterday.  It was a beautiful day and I'm so glad we were able to be outside enjoying the nice weather.  What a great way to get our exercise.

I am sticking with the theme of quick and easy dinners for today's recipe - roasted shrimp and broccoli.  I threw together a side of couscous and dinner was ready in under 30 minutes - perfect. 





Roasted Shrimp and Broccoli
5 cups broccoli               
1 1/2 pounds shrimp
1 Tablespoon lemon zest       
2 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 Tablespoon lemon juice



 





Cook broccoli in boiling water for 1 min.  Drain and dip in ice water.








Combine 1 1/2 t. zest, 1/4 t. salt, 1/4 t. pepper  and shrimp in bowl.  Arrange broccoli and shrimp on a jelly roll pan coated with Pam.  Bake 8 min. at 425.







Combine oil 1 1/2 t. zest, 1/4 t. salt and red pepper flakes.  Add broccoli and toss to coat.










Served with a side of couscous, this is a great healthy meal that I can make in under 30 minutes.  Perfect.











Look at the beautiful flowers that my wonderful husband brought home this week.  Isn't he the best?  I think so. 


Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment