Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Big Game

In honor of my home state of Ohio AND the big Ohio State vs. Michigan football game this weekend - I made a batch of buckeyes. 



My husband and my son are huge Ohio State fans.  They love watching the Buckeyes play football and the biggest game of the year is Ohio State vs. Michigan.  That game was yesterday afternoon and we couldn't be  home to watch it so my husband recorded the game and watched it later that afternoon.



Buckeyes
2 cups peanut butter                    1 pound powdered sugar
½ cup butter                                 melting chocolate
1 teaspoon vanilla

Cream butter, peanut butter and vanilla. 


Stir in powdered sugar.  

 
Form into 1” balls.   I used a cookie scoop to portion out the dough evenly.



 

Place the balls on a waxed paper lined baking sheet.


Place the peanut butter balls in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.

Melt chocolate in microwave.
(I like Wilton candy melts.)


Insert a toothpick into the peanut butter ball and dip into melted chocolate.



Wipe excess chocolate from the bottom of the buckeye and place back on waxed paper lined baking sheet. 


I like to smooth out the little toothpick hole in the top with my finger when I am finished dipping.


If you've never had a buckeye - you need to try one.  They are fun to make and really delicious.  (Better than a Reeses peanut butter cup if you ask me.)  Even though the outcome of the game was not favorable for Ohio State, snacking on these tasty treats made the loss a little easier to swallow.  

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment