Thursday, October 13, 2011

Welcome to the bar (Potato bar that is)


Every Wednesday night for the past couple of years,  I have had the privilege of spending a couple of hours with these middle and high school girls.  They're are an awesome group of teenage girls.  They are beautiful incredible girls that live out their faith everyday.  They challenge and inspire me every week. 






Wednesday night church with these girls is so much fun.  There's even a life size version of angry birds.


Since we travel 40 minutes to get to church each week, Wednesday night dinner has to be really easy to prepare and clean up so we can be there on time.  Last night's dinner - a baked potato bar! 


For some reason I always forget how much fun it is to have a potato bar when I am planning menus.  My family loves building their own potato creation for dinner. 






 I baked the potatoes in the oven for an hour. 










Then came the toppings:
shredded cheddar cheese,
broccoli,






crumbled bacon,
 green onions,





and sour cream.










This is one of the potato masterpieces.

I wish that I had some leftover turkey chili to add to the potatoes but they turned out pretty yummy anyway.  Got any great ideas for more potato toppings?  Send me a comment. 

Bon Appetit!





1 comment: